If you're new here, you lot may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Cheers for visiting!

I admit, I've been on a bit of a tear almost autoposting lately.

The affair is, the older social media becomes, and the deeper we fall down the rabbit pigsty, the more people in that location are that want the "magic social media bullet." I have literally had potential clients say to me "I want all the rewards of social media without having to put in the try." But it only doesn't piece of work that style.

I'm a big fan of Hootsuite. I just got my certification, in fact! Which is very exciting! However, if you're using Hootsuite (or whatsoever other third party app) to schedule your Facebook posts, you should cease.

Yeah–information technology's easy–y'all tin write one update and push information technology to all your social media at once–But if you use Hootsuite to schedule your Facebook posts, Facebook volition penalize y'all.

I learned this the hard mode: I had to attend a briefing on Tuesday, and knew I'd exist away from my figurer all day. I had written a blog post, and unremarkably, if I'm leaving the firm early, I'll get into Facebook and schedule it to post afterward in the day. Tuesday I was lazy or in a hurry, so I used Hootsuite to schedule the post to up on my Facebook page.

Screen shot 2013-05-04 at 9.40.50 AM

When I got dwelling house that nighttime and checked my postal service views, I was shocked! I had gotten less than 100!

Now, for me, a post averages betwixt 250 and 600ish views. Less than 100 was not good!

I was curious as to why this was, and so I started to do some research, and sure enough, it turns out that Facebook will penalize you by burial your post if you post it via a third-party app.

Cheque out these articles:

Facebook Content Published Via Third-Party Tools Suffers 67% Fewer Likes

What's Causing the Reduction in Facebook Accomplish?

UPDATE: so much has inverse with Facebook! I don't think the method by which y'all postal service to Facebook is equally important whatever more than every bit what you lot are posting, and when, but I'm conducting some experiments and testing some ideas and volition postal service on them when I accept some solid numbers.

HERE IS THE UPDATED Mail service.

(Visited ix,065 times, 2 visits today)

Social Media Marketing Strategist, Blogger, Author, Teacher, Trainer. Passionate foodie, mom to Michael, fueled by Americanos. I love my bike. Soon-to-be cookbook writer. Localvore with a wanderlust.